Changes to PIP and a full review

I thought those of you who claim or have attempted to claim PIP might want to know that the government has lost a court appeal about PIP. It doesn't mean you will get it if you didn't or that you will get more if you already get some PIP but it does mean a full review with more weighting to mental health issues.

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-42862904

Parents
  • This is good news for some, but unfortunately not for me . I got shafted by a dishonest assessor . My brother , who was with me at the assessment ,said I needed him with me on trips to London to my sister's house . The assessor dishonestly put in his report that I just needed prompting.

If he had put as my brother had stated and not lied I would have qualified for standard mobility . Being of a nervous disposition I didn't challenge his dishonesty as that might have meant having to travel to see people about it(the irony!) . I've just had to accept that I was dishonestly denied  benefit I should have been entitled to  with no hope of a wrong being righted.

• This is good news for some, but unfortunately not for me . I got shafted by a dishonest assessor . My brother , who was with me at the assessment ,said I needed him with me on trips to London to my sister's house . The assessor dishonestly put in his report that I just needed prompting.

If he had put as my brother had stated and not lied I would have qualified for standard mobility . Being of a nervous disposition I didn't challenge his dishonesty as that might have meant having to travel to see people about it(the irony!) . I've just had to accept that I was dishonestly denied  benefit I should have been entitled to  with no hope of a wrong being righted.

Children
  • Similar situation for me. I was awarded the full amount, but after a few months they decided to review my again and I ended up with absolutely nothing. It was the assessor and the type of questions that they asked. it was clear that she was trying to force me towards specific answers. it has made things very difficult for me and I actually don't think I can face applying for it and going through that again.