Depression and thoughts of suicide

I am an autistic adult female with Aspergers syndrome and also suffer from what has now become irritable depression; I seem to be living a life of extreme sadness while overcome with extreme anger at the same time and find myself unable to feel any pleasure or take any interest in anything at all. I would also describe myself as a mentally damaged and psychologically messed up individual who will only become even more depressed and bitter as time goes on.

The fact that I come from a rather messed up family filled with nothing but negativity and tension has only worsened my situation. My family members - especially my dad and brother - seem to snap at me nonstop for every single thing while getting into constant fights with one another. Then I find myself subjected to many years of endless psychological abuse which I'm still suffering from today; I try to learn from those close to my own age such as in communication and every day functioning yet my parents keep comparing me to a toddler (such as a two year old) and they would do so in a cruelly nasty manner. There are too many spiteful things they have said to me that nobody should say to a mentally disabled person on the autism spectrum Yet they expect me not to be hanging on to my early adulthood years or being stuck in the past. I will continue looking back on my life being overcome with bitterness because I just don't understand why the world has to be such a dark and cruel place for someone like me. 

There are times when I don't see any point in being alive anymore - that is why I keep having horrific thoughts of ending my own life in the most horrific manner. I see suicide as the only way out at the moment.

I am planning to move out of home and get as far away from the people in my life as possible. As soon after I've moved out I will have to be staying at a mental disability clinic and will need a lot of professional help and special needs counseling. Don't be shocked if I eventually end up taking out my depression on innocent people and inflicting my pain on them because I won't be able to help any of that. I'm already on antidepressants and will probably remain on antidepressants for the rest of what is left of my life!

Parents Reply Children
No Data