Dating

I'm at the age now where I need a significant other in my life. I've been using POF for a while now and having no luck getting any responses from the hundred or so potentials. 

Any idea where I should go?

• Hello!

I am an autistic male!

I am looking for a partner!

• Hi I am new to thus sort of thing and I am looking for news friends to talk to or possibility looking  for a male companion to be with. As I have mild autism on the higher functioning side of the spectrum.

• well, one certainly does, don't think it misses much really, somehow that's the part of a relationship it's least interested in...

• lucky lady, despite the hard work, it seems totally worth it!

Very lucky!

I wonder, how the autistic people who are alone manage sex?

Do they live without sex?

• I’m sorry but my existence is very very different to yours... please take more care of the joys you have and your good fortune

• I’m pleased for you that your significant other is happy with this arrangement. You are indeed v.lucky. For him to look after you and you not to understand him and to belittle his existence. He must be very proud

• ....but you’d rather have a cat

• lucky lady, despite the hard work, it seems totally worth it!

• He is very significant, he is the love of my life, if everyone that is looking for love could find a partner like him the world would be a much happier place, we have been together for over 30 years, have 5 children and he looks after me. But humans are hard work, they have their own needs wants desires, he is NT but is wonderful in his understanding of me, I wish I could be more understanding though, because while he has a huge understanding of ND i still have virtually no understanding of NT. 

The cat on the other hand either wants a stroke or to sleep or feeding. Simple even for me.

• Is your husband aware of this? He does not sound very “significant” to you.

• As Song says, humans donæt make very good pets. I mean seriously, if you consider "getting a human" like "getting a cat" that's going to be tricky with that human because most people don't want to be owned.

• Yes, I meant NAS15974. Not in this thread but in more recent ones.

• Many people will find their partners through similar activities or groups of friends. If you get involved with an activity with others, that could provide a new pool of friends, love interests, and perhaps partners!x

Much love <3

• Who is angry here?

The author?

• I would honestly be scared of you. I'm not judging you for this, I'm quite sure you have reasons to be so angry, I'm just saying how I would feel. But maybe that's not how you appear in reality, maybe it's just venting here? There's no problem with this and it would be good if it can do this for you. Anyway, being so convinced that everybody wants the worst for you is probably not going to help - says me who is not really doing any better when it comes to even just making friends.

• humans are hard work, he comes in and you never know what he is going to be feeling, when you ask they don't always tell you and lots of other little and big things.

Yes, all those things are big problems and I would also struggle a lot with them.

I would be really sad if my partner would not tell me something. I would like to share everything.

Would it be more hard work with non-autistic person than autistic one?

The cat, he is there when you come in, right away wanting a stroke, he wants food at food time, he wants strokes and cuddles if you have taught him that it's appropriate, he listens to what I say and doesn't tell me I'm wrong. He will eat the same thing every day for a month. He doesn't give me a hard time if I'm still in my pjs  not been if I have been in them for a week.

This is really great! More suitable to the autistic people.

I just have a small problem with pets. I like everything to be clean.

• I'm not saying to get a pet as such really, but if what you want is companionship humans are hard work, he comes in and you never know what he is going to be feeling, when you ask they don't always tell you and lots of other little and big things. 

The cat, he is there when you come in, right away wanting a stroke, he wants food at food time, he wants strokes and cuddles if you have taught him that it's appropriate, he listens to what I say and doesn't tell me I'm wrong. He will eat the same thing every day for a month. He doesn't give me a hard time if I'm still in my pjs  not been if I have been in them for a week.

• Thank you for the reply and the suggestion.

I like cats.

So, you suggest the autistic people to have pets.

I guess, you are right - it would be easier to have a cat than a partner.

• I have a significant other, it's hard work. You never get the hang of those social clues that don t understand with strangers, I have a cat as well. If I had my time over i would just get the cat.

• You are not alone.

I have the same problem.

I am also looking for a significant other in my life.