Public Transport...

...and "LAMe" Behaviour.

This Thread is about what it says, there. Lighthearted, funny, serious, eerie, strange... any stories, experiences, events, queries...
- "Public" - I use as a word to make this Thread easier to find in the "Related" section.
- "LAMe Behaviour" - is my own Term (so far). It stands for: "LOOK AT ME!! Behaviour", which, if you check my UserName (DC), this occurs to myself... A LOT.

Glad Tidings to all. I have Aspergers's Syndrome (AS). Using this system which is largely run and used by NTs, of course...

Parents
  • I have mentioned before that I came from an insane family background and problems with public transport were one of the symptoms.

I have had very little problems with using public transport.

But both my parents were always having problems and avoiding it.

Incident A.   The Last time I accompanied my mother on a bus. ( This was before pensioners were given free bus travel).

She got on first, I bought both tickets.  She was standing, blocking the gangway and not sitting down.  People behind me were getting annoyed because the whole queue was stuck.

I asked her why she wasn't sitting down. She said she couldn't decide where.  There were plenty of empty seats and several double empty seats. But she just stood there for about two minutes refusing to move or sit down because she just couldn't decide on a seat.  I was telling her to sit down anywhere, just sit!!!!!!  All the time people behind us were getting more and more angry.

After that I always called a taxi.

• Ah, Thank you so much, to Mr.Robert123 alone thus far. This is exactly why I began this Thread... "stress relief", maybe, for curiosities, events, little "rants" and things...
    I can write very much about Buses and angry passengers, according to my DC UserName...

Whenever I board a Bus, and "pause", most drivers think that it is a very dutiful thing to do, to yell at me, or to play the announcements: "No standing on the upper deck or staircase" and/or "Please move down inside the bus"... and they will do so at least five times for as long as I am sight of them. Yet it has occurred to me so often, I notice a certain bias: Whenever anyone *else* boards and does exactly the same as myself... there is next to no single word of complaint. Leave your luggage in the aisle, sit on the stairs, run around... everyone else can do that except me...!

• Ah, Thank you so much, to Mr.Robert123 alone thus far. This is exactly why I began this Thread... "stress relief", maybe, for curiosities, events, little "rants" and things...
    I can write very much about Buses and angry passengers, according to my DC UserName...

Whenever I board a Bus, and "pause", most drivers think that it is a very dutiful thing to do, to yell at me, or to play the announcements: "No standing on the upper deck or staircase" and/or "Please move down inside the bus"... and they will do so at least five times for as long as I am sight of them. Yet it has occurred to me so often, I notice a certain bias: Whenever anyone *else* boards and does exactly the same as myself... there is next to no single word of complaint. Leave your luggage in the aisle, sit on the stairs, run around... everyone else can do that except me...!

Children
No Data