Not coming across like an unfeeling so-and-so on a forum

Does anyone here have issues with their approach to written communication and a 'matter of fact' view of the world causing people to think they don't have feelings for other people?

Parents
  • I sometimes have this yes, both written and in person, I can have a matter of fact view, I'm very fact based. Also one of those subtle communication things that I struggle with, is often people don't actually want honesty, they are asking a question, but want you to lie to make them feel better, I often fall down on that.

• I sometimes have this yes, both written and in person, I can have a matter of fact view, I'm very fact based. Also one of those subtle communication things that I struggle with, is often people don't actually want honesty, they are asking a question, but want you to lie to make them feel better, I often fall down on that.

Children
  • Yes. Written, spoken and acted out. It seems I keep my empathies and sympathies to myself - even while definitely feeling them inside. And I probably make an even worse job of it with family (and rare friends). Even while having huge respect for them all.