-

-

Parents
  • Hi Elephantintheroom, just stopping by to say hello and read your thread on the recommendation of Martian Tom. I'm new to the forum, and like you am self-diagnosed and wondering what next. I'm 50 so you are way ahead of me on awareness! But my old self has been unravelling rapidly in recent years (after all that work I put into it too) and I need to rebuild but from an authentic place. Thanks for the link you shared - I find reading about others' experience helps me make sense of a lot of things I didn't really understand about myself.

• Hi Elephantintheroom, just stopping by to say hello and read your thread on the recommendation of Martian Tom. I'm new to the forum, and like you am self-diagnosed and wondering what next. I'm 50 so you are way ahead of me on awareness! But my old self has been unravelling rapidly in recent years (after all that work I put into it too) and I need to rebuild but from an authentic place. Thanks for the link you shared - I find reading about others' experience helps me make sense of a lot of things I didn't really understand about myself.

Children
  • Hi and welcome juteweaver, I'm in a similar boat, nearly 50 and awaiting diagnosis after my personality started crashing all around me. I haven't been here much lately and I think lots of us are having a hard time and hibernating at the moment.  

It's a damned hard realisation that you've lived your life the wrong way, putting in such hard work for so long, to no avail.

There is a lot to read here and the female contingent have contributed much since the summer (with much help from our friends). Hope you are finding some kindred spirits here, I wish I could live in here somehow, but I'm stuck wearing the mask pretty much in reality.

Hugs to all who need them. ()()()()