Vacations, never. Has anyone else here never been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult?

Has anyone else here NEVER been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult? Either within the British Isles or, especially, leaving the Country.
When at school, I was allowed - with the School - to visit The Isle Of Wight, and France, and then Belgium...
But now that I am an adult (since leaving school)... London is as if imposed as a Prison, which financial constraints prevent me from ever escaping. And so I am curious as to whether anyone else has 'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation', just like myself...

Parents
  • One of your problems might be living in London, if I lived in London I would have had to buy a much smaller house (probably a one or two bed flat) and my living costs would be higher which would probably rule out holidays. 

Well, Thank You to all who have replied... and this Thread was a short question, and so I expected it to be short... and the "short" answer to my question so far seems to be that I am indeed the only one!

I quote MattBucks in order to say that he is correct, utterly. Money is mad. Money is a matter not mentioned in mass conversation. That Money is never mentioned is one of the greatest frustrations presented by society. Even travelling from South London to North London now costs more than Ten Pounds, and newspapers and the Internet should inform anyone of how these costs simply increase. 

In short, what I want or need to do, is not what I am allowed to do (by Money). This Post is long, and so I close it now, or else it may disappear...! 

• Lastly... I wanted to add that, that, as a child, I *did* gain a family holiday to America. But I was asking about being an ADULT. As an adult, I twice afforded myself two trips to the coast, in secret, not telling my family. Since then, the prices have become beyond what I can afford.

I travelled to the coast, for a couple of hours... and simply stood...for hours... looking at... THE OCEAN. It was amazing and unreal for me to actually be able to see... THE HORIZON!!

• I will agree with you.  Money is the big issue.

When I had money a few years ago I spent a lot of it on traveling and holidays to make up for the fact that I didn't have holidays when I was younger due to commitments and health problems.

From about 2009 to 2014 I was very ill, first one problem then another, having several spells in hospitals and a couple of operations.

When I recovered I started traveling.  First alone by bus and train. Going on day trips.  I was afraid of staying overnight in hotels because I didn't know what to do or how to behave.

Then I went on package holidays by coach.  Staying in a variety of funny hotels.  Still travelling alone but being part of a group at the same time.

My recommendation is that if you have the money then spending it on holidays is worthwhile.

• I will agree with you.  Money is the big issue.

When I had money a few years ago I spent a lot of it on traveling and holidays to make up for the fact that I didn't have holidays when I was younger due to commitments and health problems.

From about 2009 to 2014 I was very ill, first one problem then another, having several spells in hospitals and a couple of operations.

When I recovered I started traveling.  First alone by bus and train. Going on day trips.  I was afraid of staying overnight in hotels because I didn't know what to do or how to behave.

Then I went on package holidays by coach.  Staying in a variety of funny hotels.  Still travelling alone but being part of a group at the same time.

My recommendation is that if you have the money then spending it on holidays is worthwhile.

Children
No Data