Vacations, never. Has anyone else here never been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult?

Has anyone else here NEVER been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult? Either within the British Isles or, especially, leaving the Country.
When at school, I was allowed - with the School - to visit The Isle Of Wight, and France, and then Belgium...
But now that I am an adult (since leaving school)... London is as if imposed as a Prison, which financial constraints prevent me from ever escaping. And so I am curious as to whether anyone else has 'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation', just like myself...

Parents
  • One of your problems might be living in London, if I lived in London I would have had to buy a much smaller house (probably a one or two bed flat) and my living costs would be higher which would probably rule out holidays. 

Well, Thank You to all who have replied... and this Thread was a short question, and so I expected it to be short... and the "short" answer to my question so far seems to be that I am indeed the only one!

I quote MattBucks in order to say that he is correct, utterly. Money is mad. Money is a matter not mentioned in mass conversation. That Money is never mentioned is one of the greatest frustrations presented by society. Even travelling from South London to North London now costs more than Ten Pounds, and newspapers and the Internet should inform anyone of how these costs simply increase. 

In short, what I want or need to do, is not what I am allowed to do (by Money). This Post is long, and so I close it now, or else it may disappear...! 

• One of your problems might be living in London, if I lived in London I would have had to buy a much smaller house (probably a one or two bed flat) and my living costs would be higher which would probably rule out holidays. 

Well, Thank You to all who have replied... and this Thread was a short question, and so I expected it to be short... and the "short" answer to my question so far seems to be that I am indeed the only one!

I quote MattBucks in order to say that he is correct, utterly. Money is mad. Money is a matter not mentioned in mass conversation. That Money is never mentioned is one of the greatest frustrations presented by society. Even travelling from South London to North London now costs more than Ten Pounds, and newspapers and the Internet should inform anyone of how these costs simply increase. 

In short, what I want or need to do, is not what I am allowed to do (by Money). This Post is long, and so I close it now, or else it may disappear...! 

Children
  • Money is mad. Money is a matter not mentioned in mass conversation. That Money is never mentioned is one of the greatest frustrations presented by society. Even travelling from South London to North London now costs more than Ten Pounds, and newspapers and the Internet should inform anyone of how these costs simply increase. 

I'm not sure that money is never mentioned, I regularly talk about money with family although not quite as often with friends. Why would that journey cost "more than Ten Pounds", surely that's just a single journey paid on contactless which would be £2.80?

When it comes to newspapers they are nothing but commercial organisations with agendas to push, they aren't there to inform, just to run at a profit. The internet is another thing, virtually all information is available online but people have to want to read it, but it's almost always available.

I agree that money can be an issue, especially for people living in London which is the UK's most expensive place to live and is one of the world's most expensive places to live. It's why some of my wider family have moved out of the UK and to the Home Counties. The difference is huge, I bought for just under £600k in South Bucks, just west of London. Here that got me a four bed decent sized house, drive, garage, garden. In Central London depending on the area that would have got me a 1-2 bedroom flat at best, but in many areas I wouldn't be able to afford anything. If I moved up to Manchester I'd be able to have bought a similar house with my deposit with no need for a mortgage.

I know money is a big worry for many people, I didn't ever want it to be for me so I've worked hard to create two businesses to insulate myself from that, even so the impact of Brexit on the economy is a huge worry for me.

• Lastly... I wanted to add that, that, as a child, I *did* gain a family holiday to America. But I was asking about being an ADULT. As an adult, I twice afforded myself two trips to the coast, in secret, not telling my family. Since then, the prices have become beyond what I can afford.

I travelled to the coast, for a couple of hours... and simply stood...for hours... looking at... THE OCEAN. It was amazing and unreal for me to actually be able to see... THE HORIZON!!