Vacations, never. Has anyone else here never been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult?

Has anyone else here NEVER been "on Holiday" as an (Autistic) Adult? Either within the British Isles or, especially, leaving the Country.
When at school, I was allowed - with the School - to visit The Isle Of Wight, and France, and then Belgium...
But now that I am an adult (since leaving school)... London is as if imposed as a Prison, which financial constraints prevent me from ever escaping. And so I am curious as to whether anyone else has 'Never Really Been Allowed To Have A Vacation', just like myself...

Parents
  • I've done quite a bit, but I'm the generation that has always had low-cost airlines, I've been to virtually every European country on low cost flights, last year I went to Berlin and the flight was £59 (inc. taxes, booking fees). Up until the Brexit vote and currency devaluation it could often be cheaper to go away to Europe than stay in the UK (The trip to Berlin was cheap, four days in Berlin did cost roughly the same as 7 in the UK though. Apart from the Europe I've done the US, Canada, Israel, Egypt, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. I wouldn't ever go at peak times, but not having kids and planning in advance I can often get a good deal.

I don't like expensive holidays, it's spending money on something intangible, something which I don't really need, especially as my focus for the last few years has been saving the deposit to buy a house, but reasonable holidays haven't cost me that much and now in my own house I don't plan to go abroad next year, but then I'll fully have my own space so I get some of that me time anyway.

One of your problems might be living in London, if I lived in London I would have had to buy a much smaller house (probably a one or two bed flat) and my living costs would be higher which would probably rule out holidays. 

• I've done quite a bit, but I'm the generation that has always had low-cost airlines, I've been to virtually every European country on low cost flights, last year I went to Berlin and the flight was £59 (inc. taxes, booking fees). Up until the Brexit vote and currency devaluation it could often be cheaper to go away to Europe than stay in the UK (The trip to Berlin was cheap, four days in Berlin did cost roughly the same as 7 in the UK though. Apart from the Europe I've done the US, Canada, Israel, Egypt, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. I wouldn't ever go at peak times, but not having kids and planning in advance I can often get a good deal.

I don't like expensive holidays, it's spending money on something intangible, something which I don't really need, especially as my focus for the last few years has been saving the deposit to buy a house, but reasonable holidays haven't cost me that much and now in my own house I don't plan to go abroad next year, but then I'll fully have my own space so I get some of that me time anyway.

One of your problems might be living in London, if I lived in London I would have had to buy a much smaller house (probably a one or two bed flat) and my living costs would be higher which would probably rule out holidays. 

Children
No Data