Looking for advice on PIP and Job Center

Hello, I'm 23 (24 in 9 days) and I have recently, at the start of December, been officially diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum, something that has taken the better part of 18 years to get. Following this Autism diagnosis I had a visit from PIP, and yesterday, on Monday, I received the judgement which scored us 0 points (but I doubt anyone on here is hardly surprised) and I'm also having some difficulty at the Job Center (luckily I now have an appointment with my work coach to discuss the diagnosis and make changes to my work thingamajig), Primarily I'm looking for advice on both of these, one on how to best tackle PIP with making a mandatory appeal, as well all stages of the process, and with the Job Center, as my parents are hoping to get me onto ESA so I can better cope with my job search.

I'm also feeling quite pessimistic about my chances of getting a job, despite having an Counterbalance FLT licence again since the start of December, as I'm also aware that having a disability can put a black mark on any applications I would be making, and due to bad experiences I want to also avoid working for an Agency.

Parents Reply Children
  • I've been classed as disabled since 2010 and always disclose as I need RA in the interview. It hasn't stopped me securing numerous posts during that time. I receive PIP. I've always been awarded it after f2f appointment and I've applied twice - initial appointment then appeal. I felt the key to my success was supplying independent evidence of the points I was making, such as a print out of my GP notes with the relevant information highlighted, letters from PDOC, ASD assessment report, a letter from my employee etc