'The pain of isolation...'

Interesting article, I think.

'Why would a person with Asperger's feel driven to suicide? To me, the answer to this is obvious. The need to bond with others is a basic human need. The very definition of Asperger's is to have trouble fulfilling that need. So why is it surprising that someone with these difficulties might fall into despair?'

The Pain of Isolation: Asperger's and Suicide

Parents
  • Good Evening, and, not your fault of course, yet what I myself did is so very annoying: I did one of those things that I try to do, in spending about 3/4 of an Hour, composing a long reply to a Thread of interest to myself... yet in that time, others render what I type to be irrelevant or unsuitable...!
    What I was going to type, concerned the subject of Isolation, then S**cide, and then Dogs... in that order.
    But now, all I can say is... Yes, I prefer books as well, and the Internet is useful but restricts certain information at times. And with regards to "Isolation", then that and feeling "second class" has never bothered me. Yet when it does, I simply remember certain things which I myself am better at than most of the people I see or am forced to interact with... and I think upon them: "Yes, you are very popular, but without what I can do, which you cannot, then you would not be that way!..."
    ...Meaning, everyone has a strength, and it matters not what "popular" people think of it, and it also does not matter what it is. This applies to everything: Nurse, Graphic Design, Cleaner, Fashion, Engineer, Photographer, Gardening... anything at all.

In closing, if you can correctly use words such as "intellectual lightweight" and especially "nonetheless"... then you are most certainly not a person of low importance... compared to the masses who use not English, but simply words such as "F$#@, f@$!, @$!&#, @$&&##&!$"...ALL of the time...

• Good Evening, and, not your fault of course, yet what I myself did is so very annoying: I did one of those things that I try to do, in spending about 3/4 of an Hour, composing a long reply to a Thread of interest to myself... yet in that time, others render what I type to be irrelevant or unsuitable...!
    What I was going to type, concerned the subject of Isolation, then S**cide, and then Dogs... in that order.
    But now, all I can say is... Yes, I prefer books as well, and the Internet is useful but restricts certain information at times. And with regards to "Isolation", then that and feeling "second class" has never bothered me. Yet when it does, I simply remember certain things which I myself am better at than most of the people I see or am forced to interact with... and I think upon them: "Yes, you are very popular, but without what I can do, which you cannot, then you would not be that way!..."
    ...Meaning, everyone has a strength, and it matters not what "popular" people think of it, and it also does not matter what it is. This applies to everything: Nurse, Graphic Design, Cleaner, Fashion, Engineer, Photographer, Gardening... anything at all.

In closing, if you can correctly use words such as "intellectual lightweight" and especially "nonetheless"... then you are most certainly not a person of low importance... compared to the masses who use not English, but simply words such as "F$#@, f@$!, @$!&#, @$&&##&!$"...ALL of the time...

Children
No Data