Shopping (again)

I always thought special offers were supposed to be optional? Today I was out walking in the countryside maintaining some of my geocaches, and popped into a foreign Tescos (ie not my usual one) for a sandwich and a drink on the way home. That’s all I wanted, a sandwich and a drink. The woman behind the counter became quite insistent that I buy a bag of crisps as well to make it a meal deal that she confused me and I ended up walking out of the shop, having not bought anything. Why couldn’t she just sell me what I wanted?

Parents
  • I understand your frustration.  You just want to buy the items you want with the minimum of fuss.  And that's it!!!!!

They try to persuade you to buy something in addition to take advantage of special offers.

Sometimes they are doing you a favour.  Such as two for the price of one offers.

At other times they want you to spend more on extra items you don't want or need.

• I understand your frustration.  You just want to buy the items you want with the minimum of fuss.  And that's it!!!!!

They try to persuade you to buy something in addition to take advantage of special offers.

Sometimes they are doing you a favour.  Such as two for the price of one offers.

At other times they want you to spend more on extra items you don't want or need.

Children
No Data