Shopping (again)

I always thought special offers were supposed to be optional? Today I was out walking in the countryside maintaining some of my geocaches, and popped into a foreign Tescos (ie not my usual one) for a sandwich and a drink on the way home. That’s all I wanted, a sandwich and a drink. The woman behind the counter became quite insistent that I buy a bag of crisps as well to make it a meal deal that she confused me and I ended up walking out of the shop, having not bought anything. Why couldn’t she just sell me what I wanted?

Parents
  • Good evening. I offer two things, thusly (and as usual, I also offer apologies, if needed.):

First.: I do not 'work-in-a-shop' per-se myself, and so this is a guess from experience of "insistent sales-persons" in general: The more sales they achieve, then the more reward they gain (pay, promotion, & such like). When it comes to "selling", the "best" kind of person is, to put it bluntly, "the person who can sell ice to an Eskimo." It matters not what you yourself want, they take opportunity to sell to you what *they* want (or need) to sell to you. This pretty much applies to everything concerning *Economy* in general.

This is my second point: After I know the first point... I simply say... "NO (Thank You.)". And I attempt to gain what I seek, not what they seek of myself. I care not for strange looks or for anger... but if these persist, then I do think it a shame and so I also must leave the establishment unsatisfied... as you say.

Perhaps the main point of this Post is... if you yourself want something, then insist upon it, *in the correct situation*, regardless of doubt or of attempts to challenge yourself. Everyone has their own "challenge" and their own "victory"... but that should not stop you from buying food...? (!)

• Good evening. I offer two things, thusly (and as usual, I also offer apologies, if needed.):

First.: I do not 'work-in-a-shop' per-se myself, and so this is a guess from experience of "insistent sales-persons" in general: The more sales they achieve, then the more reward they gain (pay, promotion, & such like). When it comes to "selling", the "best" kind of person is, to put it bluntly, "the person who can sell ice to an Eskimo." It matters not what you yourself want, they take opportunity to sell to you what *they* want (or need) to sell to you. This pretty much applies to everything concerning *Economy* in general.

This is my second point: After I know the first point... I simply say... "NO (Thank You.)". And I attempt to gain what I seek, not what they seek of myself. I care not for strange looks or for anger... but if these persist, then I do think it a shame and so I also must leave the establishment unsatisfied... as you say.

Perhaps the main point of this Post is... if you yourself want something, then insist upon it, *in the correct situation*, regardless of doubt or of attempts to challenge yourself. Everyone has their own "challenge" and their own "victory"... but that should not stop you from buying food...? (!)

Children
No Data