Christmas Day shout out!

Well...Christmas will soon is upon us...... I have a house full of people (5/6 Christmas Eve, Christmas Day...increasing to 8/9 Boxing Day and the 27th December).

I am dreading it as it will mean several days without any personal space, or quiet time or escape from NTs doing their thing. They will enjoy their traditions and I will be ASD serving wench making sure that everyone has a good time, but inside i will be struggling to cope.

This is a shout out...as I am going to need some help to get me through without a tantrum, shutdown or meltdown.

Is there anyone else about during the Christmas break who is planning to be online ......it would help a great deal to keep me on an even keel!

thank you

Ellie

Parents
  • I’ll keep checking in Elie. I’ll be with my family, and they are often all sat on their phones anyway. They probably won’t be on Christmas Day as that will break their rules, but hey, I’ve always been a rule breaker so why stop now ;) I wouldn’t want to disappoint them. 

I’m finding that coming on here is really helping me so coming on here over the dreaded period will probably help me as well. 

You've got an awful lot of folk to deal with and as they say at Asda or somewhere, every little helps :-) see you on Christmas Eve X

• Thank you Blueray.....you anarchist!! Glad being here with us motley lot is helping.

the guest list is not my choice....it is just my OH is a BIG xmas and family fan! - I am fighting the urge to do a runner and hide in someone's shed until the calm returns...

let me know if you have a cupboard under your stairs that you dont mind subletting for a couple of days! - lol

I'm a skinny bint, and fold well...  

• Never mind the cupboard, I’ve got a house, a shed and a garden, take your pick :-) 

I find that if I can get a bit of escapism in and I keep as quite as I can, I can kind of enjoy the day. I think it’s gonna be ok, and if we can get on here and keep ourselves on an even keel, we can appreciate that we at least have a warm house,  people and nice food, even if it’s not our world. 

Being here is definitely helping. Like many have said, it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes but it is most definitely helping and I feel like I have a family. 

• Do you exhale through your trunk?  I've always wondered...

• Oh dear!  I feel I really must go out and buy a pouch of 'Clan' now and dig the old Sherlock Holmes calabash out!

• The first cigarette of the day..., and the last one....and one after Kissing smiling eyes

• Drink has brought out the real me.  In vino veritas.  I've told people exactly what I think when my inhibitions have been suitably lowered.  I think it's making up for a lifetime of being treated like I'm some know-nothing, with nothing worthwhile to say.  Well... I can be extremely eloquent when I want to be!

Granted, though, I have my regrets with it.  Strangely, though - the older I get, the more attenuated my regrets become.  I think I regretted more that these things made me look foolish.  But I don't really care about that now.  And sometimes I think about the things I said, and I smile and think 'Yeah!  That needed saying, and someone needed to say it.  And I said it!'

• Bloomin' eck BlueRay.......so much there I can identify with...

I'm an invisible presence also out there....my mum and sister have chosen not to associate with me for the last three years.....my OH's refrain...."what's wrong with you now!"....

keep my mouth shut....maybe that is why the smoking and drinking came about...things to stick in my mouth to keep me quiet!! - lol

ArrrrrrrrrrgH!

lol

x

• me to,roll ups, used to be old holdbourne but now golden Virginia,all yellow, 

you could roll me one when I am driving ha ha, 

I was very young when I first smoked, everyone wanted to, all parents did, you could smoke anywhere, I love a fry up in a greasy joes with a *** on the go in the ashtray beside my plate,nice mug of strong tea to drink,,,,,oh bliss,xxx()()()xxx

• I don’t drink as I fear it will bring the real me out, nothing bad about that,,,,,just that if I come outside I may never want to climb back into the box I have used as my hideaway.

I deny myself a true life, unlike you blue ray who I know will do whatever it takes to have a life you want and deserve, I think you will be happy, I also think you may be inundated with offers from those who want a freedom, 

I have smoked various things in my life long ago, and found it to be a strange but wonderful experience, I have no urge to do it again but if the smell alone can create euphoria in my mind, not this modern evil smelling stuff, the genetically modified brain cell destroyer, the old natural soft alternative to alcohol Lol.yeah man,,,,,,coooool,xxx()()()xxx

• I smoke first as a coping mechanism when I was 18......I was living in a hostel for the homeless at the time..... ...and it still is rollups!

such as classy Elephant!

• Hi tom,you are invited and welcome, So four of us so far,four corners taken Lol. I like to think the corners would only be a start point until we start to relax and be our true selves, looks like for once I will be host! 

Looking forward To ciggie time, a chance to actually smoke without fear of dropping ash or actually daring to breath smoke towards another being, I smoked first when if you didn’t you were considered weird!

x()x

• This sounds like the start of a joke! - how many ASPIEs can you fit into a shed!

How many ASPIES in a shed do you need for people to start to think that we are being sociable!

• This sounds like a thing, aspiesheds, they all have the same lock n key but only aspies get a key and whenever we need a change of environment, we just go to each other’s sheds! Sounds like we’ll always have a place to smoke and keep warm! 

• Yeah, as a fellow smoker, I would also love to share some smoke time in that fine looking shed you have there. :-) 

• Sounds perfect :-) 

• only if you bring the single malt x...oooooh! and bring the nut roast!!! 

• I can't guarantee staying on an even keel.  Depends on how the scotch is flowing... Japanese ogre

• Yeah, you put into words exactly what I was thinking but didn’t know how to articulate. It’s especially hard with my sister, and we’re at her house.  We used to be really close but now she barely talks to me and she judges me without even asking how I am. When I told her a couple of days ago that I was suicidal, she just said I thought you were gonna be a millionaire and walked out the house, in her high heels, fancy clothes and top of the range car. I know she’s upset about my dad but it feels like there is always somebody else’s need greater than mine. She always tells me not to tell my mum and dad how I’m feeling, like I’m somehow being the most selfish *** in the world for daring to even mention it. The reason why I said I’ll be as quite as I can is because she will shut me up and be annoyed and even ask me to leave if I start talking about a special inteterest or god forbid if I mention the word autism. I guess I’ll be doing what I’ve learned to do over the last few years, which is keep quite, forget about my needs, put everyone else’s needs first and make the most of it. X

• you could design your own AUTIshed...sound proofed walls and an catflap upgrade, if needed.

This Christmas I will be mostly.........."antisocial" - lol

• Room for a small one?  I'll sit in the corner quietly...

• I want one of those for Christmas!  I suppose it would take a lot of wrapping paper - and a bit of a struggle with the chimney for Santa!  Need to be a flat pack...

• thank you BlueRay... that is very sweet and very generous, and also very very very tempting! - This black sheep would be tainted even further if i dared to duck and run!!! - nice food is one thing...but the company this year for me just highlights even more my own bubble of isolation and their lack of care to even ask how I am....let alone....who I am! xx

• thank you BlueRay... that is very sweet and very generous, and also very very very tempting! - This black sheep would be tainted even further if i dared to duck and run!!! - nice food is one thing...but the company this year for me just highlights even more my own bubble of isolation and their lack of care to even ask how I am....let alone....who I am! xx

Children
  • Bloomin' eck Tom! - This is turning "other worldly"...... give me some mushrooms and a bottle of wine and I'll sit in the corner blowing smoke rings from my trunk and trying to catch the sparkles (that only i can see) to put into a sparkle jar!

• Your shed is your place for YOU to YOU.  That's ok, no need to be sorry.  Outside is fine, I love being outdoors. 

• Festivals are great, mad places and experiences. I worked at one a few years ago because I've never had anyone interested in going. 

• good job you swapped it in for pain killers - lol!

• I am sorry,maybe I can get lots of Fpp3 face filters, you could mingle then, I really must be allowed to be me in my shed, it is one of my only spaces where I can exhist. Sorry, we can extend the party to outside though! Xxx

• I could make amazing joints Lol. Huge great big ones ha ha, yes the smoke rings are reeeeaaaallllyyyyy cooool wow ,xxx

• I can't cope with smoking or vaping, air fresheners or polish sprays, it feels like I am suffocating.

But i like scented body lotions and perfume, but proper scents, old names, expensive classics used properly, not drenched in cheap chemical stinks with celebrity names. 

• I shouldn’t say this but I have a tiny tiny bit from about ten years ago! Vintage now Lol. I have never had the urge to use it, I do however love the smell, it was a birthday gift from a fellow worker, he thought if he could get me on it he could stop hiding his addiction? Little did he know I had experienced it when I was about sixteen, I took time off school to go to a festival , by far my fondest memories, freedom, real people, a micro community. 

I doubt it would still have any effect if smoked, but proves the lack of addiction that I still have it but don’t need to use it!

• Who's bringing the hallucinogenics?  I doubt we'll need any Ecstasy.

• I don’t wish to upset but ellie and blue Ray! Are you sisters?soulmates I think, You share so many ways, are you one person?Lol.

I think it a positive by the way, 

i like free minded people, 

Oh and to enter my aspieshed you cannot wear deodorant or perfume, I will know and you will be left standing outside ha ha,

• Bloomin' eck BlueRay.......so much there I can identify with...

I'm an invisible presence also out there....my mum and sister have chosen not to associate with me for the last three years.....my OH's refrain...."what's wrong with you now!"....

keep my mouth shut....maybe that is why the smoking and drinking came about...things to stick in my mouth to keep me quiet!! - lol

ArrrrrrrrrrgH!

lol

x

• Yeah, you put into words exactly what I was thinking but didn’t know how to articulate. It’s especially hard with my sister, and we’re at her house.  We used to be really close but now she barely talks to me and she judges me without even asking how I am. When I told her a couple of days ago that I was suicidal, she just said I thought you were gonna be a millionaire and walked out the house, in her high heels, fancy clothes and top of the range car. I know she’s upset about my dad but it feels like there is always somebody else’s need greater than mine. She always tells me not to tell my mum and dad how I’m feeling, like I’m somehow being the most selfish *** in the world for daring to even mention it. The reason why I said I’ll be as quite as I can is because she will shut me up and be annoyed and even ask me to leave if I start talking about a special inteterest or god forbid if I mention the word autism. I guess I’ll be doing what I’ve learned to do over the last few years, which is keep quite, forget about my needs, put everyone else’s needs first and make the most of it. X