Christmas Day shout out!

Well...Christmas will soon is upon us...... I have a house full of people (5/6 Christmas Eve, Christmas Day...increasing to 8/9 Boxing Day and the 27th December).

I am dreading it as it will mean several days without any personal space, or quiet time or escape from NTs doing their thing. They will enjoy their traditions and I will be ASD serving wench making sure that everyone has a good time, but inside i will be struggling to cope.

This is a shout out...as I am going to need some help to get me through without a tantrum, shutdown or meltdown.

Is there anyone else about during the Christmas break who is planning to be online ......it would help a great deal to keep me on an even keel!

thank you

Ellie

Parents
  • I’ll keep checking in Elie. I’ll be with my family, and they are often all sat on their phones anyway. They probably won’t be on Christmas Day as that will break their rules, but hey, I’ve always been a rule breaker so why stop now ;) I wouldn’t want to disappoint them. 

I’m finding that coming on here is really helping me so coming on here over the dreaded period will probably help me as well. 

You've got an awful lot of folk to deal with and as they say at Asda or somewhere, every little helps :-) see you on Christmas Eve X

• Thank you Blueray.....you anarchist!! Glad being here with us motley lot is helping.

the guest list is not my choice....it is just my OH is a BIG xmas and family fan! - I am fighting the urge to do a runner and hide in someone's shed until the calm returns...

let me know if you have a cupboard under your stairs that you dont mind subletting for a couple of days! - lol

I'm a skinny bint, and fold well...  

• Never mind the cupboard, I’ve got a house, a shed and a garden, take your pick :-) 

I find that if I can get a bit of escapism in and I keep as quite as I can, I can kind of enjoy the day. I think it’s gonna be ok, and if we can get on here and keep ourselves on an even keel, we can appreciate that we at least have a warm house,  people and nice food, even if it’s not our world. 

Being here is definitely helping. Like many have said, it can be a bit overwhelming sometimes but it is most definitely helping and I feel like I have a family. 

• Oh dear!  I feel I really must go out and buy a pouch of 'Clan' now and dig the old Sherlock Holmes calabash out!

• The first cigarette of the day..., and the last one....and one after Kissing smiling eyes

• Drink has brought out the real me.  In vino veritas.  I've told people exactly what I think when my inhibitions have been suitably lowered.  I think it's making up for a lifetime of being treated like I'm some know-nothing, with nothing worthwhile to say.  Well... I can be extremely eloquent when I want to be!

Granted, though, I have my regrets with it.  Strangely, though - the older I get, the more attenuated my regrets become.  I think I regretted more that these things made me look foolish.  But I don't really care about that now.  And sometimes I think about the things I said, and I smile and think 'Yeah!  That needed saying, and someone needed to say it.  And I said it!'

• Bloomin' eck BlueRay.......so much there I can identify with...

I'm an invisible presence also out there....my mum and sister have chosen not to associate with me for the last three years.....my OH's refrain...."what's wrong with you now!"....

keep my mouth shut....maybe that is why the smoking and drinking came about...things to stick in my mouth to keep me quiet!! - lol

ArrrrrrrrrrgH!

lol

x

• me to,roll ups, used to be old holdbourne but now golden Virginia,all yellow, 

you could roll me one when I am driving ha ha, 

I was very young when I first smoked, everyone wanted to, all parents did, you could smoke anywhere, I love a fry up in a greasy joes with a *** on the go in the ashtray beside my plate,nice mug of strong tea to drink,,,,,oh bliss,xxx()()()xxx

• I don’t drink as I fear it will bring the real me out, nothing bad about that,,,,,just that if I come outside I may never want to climb back into the box I have used as my hideaway.

I deny myself a true life, unlike you blue ray who I know will do whatever it takes to have a life you want and deserve, I think you will be happy, I also think you may be inundated with offers from those who want a freedom, 

I have smoked various things in my life long ago, and found it to be a strange but wonderful experience, I have no urge to do it again but if the smell alone can create euphoria in my mind, not this modern evil smelling stuff, the genetically modified brain cell destroyer, the old natural soft alternative to alcohol Lol.yeah man,,,,,,coooool,xxx()()()xxx

• I smoke first as a coping mechanism when I was 18......I was living in a hostel for the homeless at the time..... ...and it still is rollups!

such as classy Elephant!

• Hi tom,you are invited and welcome, So four of us so far,four corners taken Lol. I like to think the corners would only be a start point until we start to relax and be our true selves, looks like for once I will be host! 

Looking forward To ciggie time, a chance to actually smoke without fear of dropping ash or actually daring to breath smoke towards another being, I smoked first when if you didn’t you were considered weird!

x()x

• This sounds like the start of a joke! - how many ASPIEs can you fit into a shed!

How many ASPIES in a shed do you need for people to start to think that we are being sociable!

• This sounds like a thing, aspiesheds, they all have the same lock n key but only aspies get a key and whenever we need a change of environment, we just go to each other’s sheds! Sounds like we’ll always have a place to smoke and keep warm! 

• Yeah, as a fellow smoker, I would also love to share some smoke time in that fine looking shed you have there. :-) 

• Sounds perfect :-) 

• only if you bring the single malt x...oooooh! and bring the nut roast!!! 

• I can't guarantee staying on an even keel.  Depends on how the scotch is flowing... Japanese ogre

• Yeah, you put into words exactly what I was thinking but didn’t know how to articulate. It’s especially hard with my sister, and we’re at her house.  We used to be really close but now she barely talks to me and she judges me without even asking how I am. When I told her a couple of days ago that I was suicidal, she just said I thought you were gonna be a millionaire and walked out the house, in her high heels, fancy clothes and top of the range car. I know she’s upset about my dad but it feels like there is always somebody else’s need greater than mine. She always tells me not to tell my mum and dad how I’m feeling, like I’m somehow being the most selfish *** in the world for daring to even mention it. The reason why I said I’ll be as quite as I can is because she will shut me up and be annoyed and even ask me to leave if I start talking about a special inteterest or god forbid if I mention the word autism. I guess I’ll be doing what I’ve learned to do over the last few years, which is keep quite, forget about my needs, put everyone else’s needs first and make the most of it. X

• you could design your own AUTIshed...sound proofed walls and an catflap upgrade, if needed.

This Christmas I will be mostly.........."antisocial" - lol

• Room for a small one?  I'll sit in the corner quietly...

• I want one of those for Christmas!  I suppose it would take a lot of wrapping paper - and a bit of a struggle with the chimney for Santa!  Need to be a flat pack...

• thank you BlueRay... that is very sweet and very generous, and also very very very tempting! - This black sheep would be tainted even further if i dared to duck and run!!! - nice food is one thing...but the company this year for me just highlights even more my own bubble of isolation and their lack of care to even ask how I am....let alone....who I am! xx

• Hey as a fellow smoker....(coping, self soothing mechanism) and a drinker (coping, brain switching off liquid, anxiety squasher mechanism)..and enjoying "family" here (existential crisis avoidance mechanism) I may well pop around and fill your shed with smoke and cigarette ends!

thank you!

• Hey as a fellow smoker....(coping, self soothing mechanism) and a drinker (coping, brain switching off liquid, anxiety squasher mechanism)..and enjoying "family" here (existential crisis avoidance mechanism) I may well pop around and fill your shed with smoke and cigarette ends!

thank you!

Children
  • Hi Ellie so you are the one leaving ciggie ends all over the place ha ha. Joke. I have drunk some ( coping,brain switching off liquid,anxiety squasher mechanism ) fluid Lol. It certainly helped lift my mood, Many thanks and I hope you managed to get through fairly well today.

much virtual hugs ()()() x

• In some circles isn’t that called a bus stop.. .?

• I used my bedroom lightbulb to replace another in the house and ummmmm....

Well, I have a lamp so it isn't really necessary! 

• Looks like we’ve got ourselves a party. Not sure if 4 aspies in a shed is enough to consider that we’re being sociable. Maybe if we get the drink and the soft stuff out and we come out of our corners it might be consisted sociable! 

My son just came in and asked me what I’m doing in my pyjamas and wellies with my feet up on the settee!!! Then he laughed and said I’m weird - in a good way - but I’m thinking, son, you don’t know how right you are. We’re currently planning a non sociable social  party in a shed where we meet for a smoke but we might just stay in the corners to start with! Lol! 

• Hahahaha I love this. I asked my aspie friend the other day, how many aspies did she think it would take to change a light bulb!!!! My answer was, it wouldn’t matter how many, it just wouldn’t get done! Lol! But actually, if one does see the light then that one could shine that light and together, we would change the bulb, and think we were special for doing so ;) 

• I’m in, but I can’t make it this week! ;) 

• How many Aspies does it take to change a light-bulb?

One to take the old bulb out and try to see why it's not working by testing it in another light pendant. One to get a new bulb and check the wattage, also making a rough mental calculation about consumption costs per kWh and working out a yearly average of cost (accounting for seasonal changes in natural light), then doing a cost/benefit analysis based on results. One to make sure it isn't just the fuse gone in the plug. One to check the flex. One to go out and buy a new light pendant, in case it isn't the bulb after all. One to decide it's probably more environmentally-friendly to use candles. One to try to read in artificial light to save the cost of a new bulb and the cost of powering it, and also the cost of a candle and a match (or lighter fuel). One to consider the bulb as an interesting analogy for life, the cosmos and everything. One to mention the oldest still-functioning bulb in the world, and when it was manufactured, and how long it's worked for, and how much it's consumed in electricity during that time, and the cost of that accounting for the relevant prices for each historical period. One to discuss the various criteria that might come into play to affect the life of a bulb - number of times switched on and off during OCD episodes, etc. One to wonder whether or not the old bulb can be recycled. One to simply see the light....

Actually... that probably means just one single Aspie!

• amazing!! - just joined!

• you get friggin amazing smoke rings doing that!! - hehe

• Do you exhale through your trunk?  I've always wondered...

• Oh dear!  I feel I really must go out and buy a pouch of 'Clan' now and dig the old Sherlock Holmes calabash out!

• The first cigarette of the day..., and the last one....and one after Kissing smiling eyes

• me to,roll ups, used to be old holdbourne but now golden Virginia,all yellow, 

you could roll me one when I am driving ha ha, 

I was very young when I first smoked, everyone wanted to, all parents did, you could smoke anywhere, I love a fry up in a greasy joes with a *** on the go in the ashtray beside my plate,nice mug of strong tea to drink,,,,,oh bliss,xxx()()()xxx

• I smoke first as a coping mechanism when I was 18......I was living in a hostel for the homeless at the time..... ...and it still is rollups!

such as classy Elephant!

• Hi tom,you are invited and welcome, So four of us so far,four corners taken Lol. I like to think the corners would only be a start point until we start to relax and be our true selves, looks like for once I will be host! 

Looking forward To ciggie time, a chance to actually smoke without fear of dropping ash or actually daring to breath smoke towards another being, I smoked first when if you didn’t you were considered weird!

x()x

• This sounds like the start of a joke! - how many ASPIEs can you fit into a shed!

How many ASPIES in a shed do you need for people to start to think that we are being sociable!

• Yeah, as a fellow smoker, I would also love to share some smoke time in that fine looking shed you have there. :-) 

• only if you bring the single malt x...oooooh! and bring the nut roast!!! 

• Room for a small one?  I'll sit in the corner quietly...