Little point in going for an official diagnosis?

Went over history with mental health nurse today. Mentioned  issue of autistic traits. She said she could certainly get me an assessment but after that ,if diagnosed, there wasn't much help for adults in the area.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi there, if it is important for you to know then go for the assessment, Each of us here have varied reasons to want or not want the diagnosis, regardless of us sharing common traits and an understanding of each other, we are all different, I need validation for my life, my struggles, an explanation,

I also feel able now to be myself more, if I get a final assessment it no doubt will put me back on the roller coaster of emotions. I have been through every emotion since my epiphany, total joy st finally meeting others like myself, to feeling so angry and depressed st the lack of help or understanding for fifty plus years, 

please follow your heart.

If you need help and support then it is out there, you have to push for it as all resources across the board are at a breaking point. 

I am sorry if you have been posting before and I haven’t remembered but my memory has upissues, 

we all care so much for each of us, we don’t always know what to say, but we do care and help wherever and whenever we can. 

Can I offer a virtual hug?  I want to hug and say,” I hear you and I care” ()