I hate shopping!

Shopping online is such a boon. When I can get things delivered that is. I've been battling with DHL for me to go and collect a pair of shoes that I bought at the beginning of November from them, but they only offer deliveries at non specific times, and I can't cope with that.

But leaving the house to go shopping I detest. All that noise, all that choice, all the offers, and colours, and people asking if you have store cards, and people trying to sell you things or asking you to fill in surveys... Give me a day spent indoors any time.

What is worse than shopping is shopping with my other half. This afternoon we set out to go to Sainsbury's to buy cereal, washing up liquid and something for dinner tonight. The snow is causing traffic chaos so we walk. No issue with that (though if anyone throws a snowball in my direction 'for a laugh' I'm turning round and going home).

Then on the way he goes into QD. I feel like I'm about to explode. Why change plans at the last minute like this? I can't cope, I feel like staging a sit-in protest. We start looking at Christmas decorations, even though we've got enough decorations to deck out Windsor Castle. 'I thought we were going to Sainsbury's' I complain. Just the look I get tells me to shut up or risk causing an argument. So I keep it to myself and my anxiety spikes.

On the way to Sainsbury's we stop in three more stores, by the end of which I'm feeling so confused I feel like crying. I start complaining and I get shouted at for being 'grumpy'.

No shopping is not for me. 

Parents
  • You didn't mention the music!!  I avoid most issues by going to Sainsbury's at 7am Saturday when there are very few, and always the same, people. The isles are wide and I mostly just buy the same things every week, reducing decisions.  Most of the time they don't have music on but if they do I find it difficult and my friend will ask them to turn it down.  I very seldom go anywhere else,.. B&Q occasionally - I take ear plugs, which are not as effective as I would like. I always carry ear plugs or the rare occasions I leave the house.

I also find online shopping a boon but I wish the items were packed better and not so roughly treated.  I hate damaged goods.  Returning items requires a visit to a friend as I cannot go into a post office, which are now all counters a the back of a shop, with a queue.

• You didn't mention the music!!  I avoid most issues by going to Sainsbury's at 7am Saturday when there are very few, and always the same, people. The isles are wide and I mostly just buy the same things every week, reducing decisions.  Most of the time they don't have music on but if they do I find it difficult and my friend will ask them to turn it down.  I very seldom go anywhere else,.. B&Q occasionally - I take ear plugs, which are not as effective as I would like. I always carry ear plugs or the rare occasions I leave the house.

I also find online shopping a boon but I wish the items were packed better and not so roughly treated.  I hate damaged goods.  Returning items requires a visit to a friend as I cannot go into a post office, which are now all counters a the back of a shop, with a queue.

Children
No Data