Possible aspgers how to explain to doctor

Right I fell I may have aspgers but I dont know how to explain to the gp

The reason I fell I.may have this is after reviewing my life and looking into my self more deeper

1) I have selective eating disorder any other foods I cant touch as it makes me sick

2) I get really nervous around people and even people I know and can shut down

3) I can sometimes go into a deep throught and forget about it and end up somewhere else if im on a train orbus

4) I dont like people hugging or kissing or close contact

5) I can get fixed into things for hours and find things interesting such as trains cars etc

6) I cant remeber peoples brithdays but I can remeber number plates of old family cars from years ago many cars now scrapped

7) I cant sleep well most nights and struggle to get up in yhe morning 

8) loud noices can scare me a lot and when people argue I can.go into meltdown

9) I cant take drinks from people as it makes me nervoys ive got to.make my own drink

10) my mood goes up and down

11) is the most embrassing if someone pisses me off ir change my day I end up sort of talking to.myself loud like saying things like. They always runing my day. I cant be left alone. They always want something. Its not a convo.like hello. You good then im good its more like.muttering stuff loud where I say they always runing my day I cant be left alone. They always want something f###ing idiot 

I been told I have had Selective eating disorder depression anxiety. But looking at my life im thinking theses all could be related to aspgers

Parents Reply
  • I suspect it means the result wasn’t clear cut, which fits with all the numbers, then. So either you are part of the small neurotypical group who have autistic traits but aren’t autistic, or part of the small autistic group who seem neurotypical but are very much autistic. 

You could do the RAAD-R and see what it says as it has good specificity but I suspect it may also come out borderline.

My personal advice would be go see your GP with the AQ-50 and EQ results and ask for an assessment. I had one with a psychiatrist and his was based on my medical history, family history, life experiences, and my RAAD-R result. He said if I’d been borderline he would have spoken to my partner too.

Children
No Data