Found this whilst researching aspie Male /female traits,

This response  is from an individual who visits a site that caters for Aspergers people, it is in response to a long list of potential traits of a Male aspie.

I found it very interesting and I have always maintained that if there was an island just for ND people and they were left alone to be who they truly are it would work.

It would take a generation or two of learning and forgetting incorrect learnings of trying to be NT.

They would in a closed protected environment become the new ASD neurotypicals.

• Anonymous said… As a woman with AS who has been happily married for almost 30 years to a man with AS, the mother of a daughter and four sons who are all on the spectrum, the grandmother of little Spectrumites and as a fully human being with a complete range of emotions I would like to say that it is the mis-match between different neurologies that causes most of the problems. Oh, and I'm the daughter and grand-daughter of Spectrumites too. I have dropped my non-AS 'friends' over the years as I was unable to meet their expectations that I should change to be more like them. They never tried to understand me, yet expected ME to understand THEM! I have great Spectrum friends and we have fortnightly family get-togethers that are huge fun. Socializing with other Spectrumites is easy. We understand each other’s body language; eye-contact is not a problem nor is bluntness and honesty in conversation. We make allowances for each other's sensory difficulties and can tell if the other is uncomfortable, and why