30!!! Adult? Feel about 12!!!

Do any of you feel a lot younger than your years? I'm 30 (?!). I feel about 12 a lot of the time. I walk, and feel like running, there is a spring in my step, an energetic need to jump, to dance, to giggle. Conversely, I sometimes get an extreme sense of immobility, when my legs feel like lead and are hard to move. It's either one or the other, with me. The intense energy tends to come first thing in the morning, and often after an interest binge. I feel about 5 ha!. How can I be 30? Adult? What?

• Yes, never grow up :) I think it's great to still enjoy the simple pleasures in life! I love jumping and skipping when the mood takes me.

Once when my mother in absolute frustration yelled at me, "WHEN ARE YOU EVER GOING TO GROW UP!!!" ~ I was rather surprised, but to which I replied, "Well as you told me on Sunday (height measuring day), 'You have to be patient and wait as everybody grows up in their own good time'."

• 61 going on 18, and I am not that comfortable with it - although it has its moments. Also, impostor syndrome is a constantly reoccuring thing.

Well given the recurrent thing with imposter syndrome (i.e. not being able to accept ones achievements and fearing that those achievements will be proven to be fraudulent anyway) perhaps consider steering the imposter syndrome in upon itself, and enjoy those senses of being 18 more appropriately and justifiably therefore ~ in the candid and impeccable sense of it, possibly.

• Yes, never grow up :) I think it's great to still enjoy the simple pleasures in life! I love jumping and skipping when the mood takes me.

• Anything and everything.  I've written since I was a child.  It's been my obsession - both my escape from the world and my way of making sense of it.  Stories, poems, scripts, novels, articles.  My most recent thing has been an account of my caring for my mother during the last six months of her life.  I've posted a snippet here, if you're interested...

Another piece of writing...

• I remember my grandmother telling me that she didn't feel any different inside than when she was a teenager.  She was 80 at the time.

I am 63 and not only feel a lot like I did when I was 10, a lot of time those memories come flooding back, not all of them bad. And I still engage in childish pursuits such as blowing bubbles and avoiding the cracks of paving slabs. I hope I never grow up!

• 61 going on 18, and I am not that comfortable with it - although it has its moments. Also, impostor syndrome is a constantly reoccuring thing.

• Hope: said:

Do any of you feel a lot younger than your years? I'm 30 (?!).

Well, the human embodiment of me is 46 years of age going on 47 currently ~ although I have always been quintessentially ancient in terms of being eternally young.

Hope: said:

I feel about 12 a lot of the time. I walk, and feel like running, there is a spring in my step, an energetic need to jump, to dance, to giggle. Conversely, I sometimes get an extreme sense of immobility, when my legs feel like lead and are hard to move. It's either one or the other, with me.

Learning to be careful with my creative exuberance and exhilarated enthusiasms has though definitely been one of my major problems in life, as these human embodiments can get a bit too overwhelmed and as such blow one or more proverbial gaskets from time to time. As such, the extreme sense of immobility you write about sometimes getting ~ with legs feeling all lead like and hard to move ~ I know in this sense what you mean, along with my arms and hands feeling floaty numb and larger than they look.

The intense energy tends to come first thing in the morning, and often after an interest binge.

With me I have the intense vitalisation developing progressively along through the day, and this becomes more so the case with fascinating states of affairs going on.

I feel about 5 ha!. How can I be 30? Adult? What?

Maybe you are more a quintessential being than so much a 30 year old human adult, perhaps?

• Yep, seems very familiar. Not when it is about sort of technical work things or so, but anything social and my age shrinks to a third, which is not exactly useful because it's seen as intentional and unprofessional or bad in some other way. Guess I would find myself immature if I could watch myself, but being in the middle of it I can't stop it and behave like an adult...

• Can I ask, what do you like writing about?

• Yes, it's good to stay young in heart, and to stay connected with the energy and life blood at the heart of existence.

• I'm 58, and often feel as naive as a 12-year-old.  On the other hand, a large part of me is glad that I haven't grown up.  Keeping in touch with my inner child is what feeds my imagination and my writing.