Fed up

i'm a 29 yr old man with aspergers syndrome I haven't worked for 5 years I live alone have no friends and don't know how to get out of this rut I'm in I'm fed up with ritualistic/repetitive behaviours I see my whole life passing by In front of me I just want it all to go away I just want a normal life I literally do the same thing everyday, wander into town have breakfast come home play games watch t.v this isn't the life I wanted I should have a job a family ect I ******* hate the world

*Edited by Moderator

Parents
  • If you want things to change then it's down to you to make them. You need to make an active decision to apply for jobs, find interest groups so you can meet people. Life is hard work, friendships take effort to form and maintain and you have to actively want to do that.

On Monday instead of wandering into town and buying breakfast why not go to the job center, apply for a few dozen jobs, pick up some food and cook that at home for breakfast and lunch. Pick something you enjoy and find a local club, that could be games, sport, photography etc. If you want to make a change in your life then you have to do it, start today, do more tomorrow, a little bit every day is all it takes. You can make the changes and in a year's time you can look back and see how different life is, or you can change nothing and in a year's time you'll look back and wish you had, that's the choice.

• If you want things to change then it's down to you to make them. You need to make an active decision to apply for jobs, find interest groups so you can meet people. Life is hard work, friendships take effort to form and maintain and you have to actively want to do that.

On Monday instead of wandering into town and buying breakfast why not go to the job center, apply for a few dozen jobs, pick up some food and cook that at home for breakfast and lunch. Pick something you enjoy and find a local club, that could be games, sport, photography etc. If you want to make a change in your life then you have to do it, start today, do more tomorrow, a little bit every day is all it takes. You can make the changes and in a year's time you can look back and see how different life is, or you can change nothing and in a year's time you'll look back and wish you had, that's the choice.

Children
No Data