ASD and schizotypal -overlap and differences ?

At my last meeting with the Nurse practitioner at my old address she mentioned autism in relation to things I told her and gave me a sheet about a local autism charity. However she also said that things might be explained by schizotypal.

I am wondering what people think about the overlap and differences between ASD and schizotypal. How many have gone in for an ASD assessment to be told they are schizotypal? How many are seen as being both ASD and schizotypal ?

Parents
  • no idea, but i score zero on the AQ test and i score highly on two of the five schizophrenia areas. The main overlap with autism here is disorganised thinking, which is the emotional and mental component of dyspraxia, which if you have autism is just part of your autism but not everyone with autism has it. (It's about having organisation in the diagnostic handbook, essential for preventing random meaningless diagnoses, not about making sense). Only overlap i know of, am otherwise ignorant

• no idea, but i score zero on the AQ test and i score highly on two of the five schizophrenia areas. The main overlap with autism here is disorganised thinking, which is the emotional and mental component of dyspraxia, which if you have autism is just part of your autism but not everyone with autism has it. (It's about having organisation in the diagnostic handbook, essential for preventing random meaningless diagnoses, not about making sense). Only overlap i know of, am otherwise ignorant

Children
No Data