Can you ask for a reconsideration for ADHD assessment?

I'm an Autistic (official diagnosis of ASD) woman in my thirties, after an 18+ month wait I've recently had an assessment for ADHD - I was denied the diagnosis. 

I have severe executive dysfunction problems, severe enough that I can't hold down a job or go to higher education, I can go days without sleep, etc. also problems with focus so I struggle to read more than a few paragraphs at a time and can't even sit through a few minutes of a video, among other traits - autism explains the executive dysfunction, not focus issues. 

I was seeking diagnosis to help with benefits assessments (I claim ESA-WRAG) also for support, as obviously options like ADHD meds can't be accessed without diagnosis. 

I'm wondering if I can appeal the decision or ask for another opinion, given the waiting list and potential cost to the NHS I'm not sure if they'd even allow it. 

Parents
  • Hi KashaUK, yes of course you can. If you have sufficient reason to want a second opinion or appeal, then go for it. It might also help if you can get someone to prepare with you by writing down all the evidence that proves from your perspective that you have it.

• Hi KashaUK, yes of course you can. If you have sufficient reason to want a second opinion or appeal, then go for it. It might also help if you can get someone to prepare with you by writing down all the evidence that proves from your perspective that you have it.

Children
No Data