How does degree of autism affect education?
This seems an excellent forum for gauging the experiences of young people on the spectrum, and their parents, where the impact of the autism is much more manageable.
Some people don't get diagnosed until late teens or early 20s. They get through a lot of bullying, segregation on academic or behavioural grounds but still emerge to be diagnosed with autism or aspergers. Some children are diagnosed as very mild early on but their school experience isn't necessarily a doddle.
The autistic spectrum is often portrayed as a continuum, but this isn't strictly accurate. The presence of different symtoms and manifestations varies widely in its effects on individuals. Someone can be deemed mild, when some aspects of their autism are still severe, but the majority are sufficiently mild to enable them to cope better.
In strategies to help children in education, is it always certain that the measures we adopt to help do not prevent environmental factors which, even if uncomfortable, go some way to modifying the overall experience.
Can we learn something from people on the spectrum deemed milder or manageable in terms of their experience of education?
It would be useful perhaps to hear from parents with children designated mildly affected whether the educational experience was comparably mild, or whether there were real hardships that "mild" didn't prepare them for?
Search the community
- 雪城大学毕业证 办SU毕业证文凭+Q/微2727586870成绩单文凭学历认证，烫金、水印、防伪标制作 Syracuse University
- 美国买文凭|美国毕业证【Q/微744043126】办理CIT毕业证加州理工学院毕业证认证学历证书成绩单California Institute of Technology
- 塔夫斯大学毕业证+Q/微2727586870成绩单文凭学历认证，烫金、水印、防伪标制作Tufts University
- 办理美国毕业证（WU Diplomas )Q微405665716办理圣路易斯华盛顿大学WU 毕业证成绩单学历认证 Washington
- 乔治华盛顿大学毕业证+Q/微2727586870成绩单文凭学历认证，烫金、水印、防伪标制作The George Washington University
- 想做出和学校颁发一模一样的毕业证吗？加他☞（Q/微信860155399）办理南澳大学毕业证成绩单学历认证University of South Australia
- 迈阿密大学毕业证 办UM毕业证文凭+Q/微2727586870成绩单文凭学历认证，烫金、水印、防伪标制作University of Miam